What is Sanction Screening?
With Exclusion Screening’s Sanction Screening services, you can feel safe knowing that if any of your employees, vendors, and providers have been sanctioned, you will be one of the first to know. With instant notification and updates you can trust that you truly do know who is working for you and with you.
Why Conduct Sanction Screening?
By hiring a sanctioned individual you are placing yourself at risk in a number of different ways.
- Know who you are hiring. Without a full sanction check on new employees or vendors you are running the risk of hiring a fraud.
- By hiring a sanctioned individual or entity, you are at risk! Organizations like the OIG will not stand for organizations hiring sanctioned individuals or entities and will fine up to $21,562.80 for each violation.
- You place yourself at risk of fraud. By hiring a sanctioned individual or entity, you are allowing a someone who has previously been found to have committed some form of fraud to enter your organization and possibly commit the same crimes.
What do we Screen?
There are a number of different organizations that sanction individuals and entities for posing a threat to their program’s integrity for either fraud or misconduct. Some of the organizations we screen against are:
- OFAC. By not screening against the OFAC Sanction List, there could be serious consequences such as a transfer of funds, an enforcement action against your organization, and or negative publicity.
- SDN. An individual or entity that has been sanctioned by the SDN has usually had their assets blocked and U.S. persons are generally prohibited from dealing with them. By working with them you are placing yourself at risk of those consequences as well.
- FSE. OFAC publishes a list of foreign individuals and entities determined to have violated, attempted to violate, conspired to violate, or caused a violation of U.S. sanctions on Syria or Iran pursuant to Executive Order 13608. Any transactions done with these individuals or entities is extremely prohibited.
- FDA Debarment List. The FDA Debarment List is a list of individuals and entities that have been found to have a history of criminal conduct, relating to the development or approval of a drug product, that prevents an individual from engaging in similar activities.
- State Sanctions. Many states have their own agencies that hand out their own sanctions that might not make it to a federal database. However, to conduct business in any state it is necessary for you to run the appropriate screens and checks and all states. We can assess the needs of your organization and help you conduct the needed screening.
- Social Security Death Master File (SSDMF or Limited Access SSDMF). Verifying an individual against the death master file eliminates a potential fraudster using a deceased person’s social security number. Conducting this check periodically helps you stay compliant.
- Employee Misconduct, Nurse Registries and Others. Almost every state has its own employee misconduct and nurse registries. It is extremely important that you check every state registry before you hire a nurse to ensure that they have not had sanctioned placed against them or their licensure.
- Denied Persons List. We can screen to see if organizations’ export privileges have been denied by the Department of Commerce’s Bureau of Industry and Security (BIS).
- FDA Disqualified (Clinical Investigators Disqualified List). The FDA has a vast list of Clinical Investigators that have been disqualified for various reasons.
- NIH PHS Administrative Actions Listing. The PHS keeps a record of individuals who have had enforcement actions imposed against them by either ORI or HHS.
- UN Consolidation Sanction List. We can screen to ensure that anyone you are working with has not been the subject of UN sanctions.
Exclusion Screening, LLC is proud to offer those interested in trying our product and service a no cost, no obligation TRIAL Period. Our trial is multi-faceted and is aimed to expose the client to as much of our service and product as possible in a short time. The trial starts with a FREE consultation/training that will present an overview of exclusions, a demonstration of our product and service, and a presentation of a personalized solution. The client will also receive access to our SAFER Exclusion Screening system for 14 days in addition to a sample report of up to 20 names.
However, because our mission is to help our clients stay compliant and protect themselves against fraudulent employees, vendors, or contractors, we also offer Custom Screening. Whatever the needs of your organization might be we are here to help. We also offer Exclusion Screening for all healthcare organizations to screen their providers and employees.
If you would like to learn more about our Healthcare Exclusion, Debarment and Sanction Screening Services, please email us at email@example.com or fill out the form below!